It is common to suffer a loss of appetite, headaches, inability to sleep. Medical intervention can be a powerful tool during the worst phases of grief.
ENCOURAGE THEM TO STRIVE TO TAKE JUST ONE DAY AT A TIME. HELP IS AVAILABLE THROUGH HOSPITALS, CHURCH AND HOSPICE ORGANIZATIONS WHICH OFFER SUPPORT GROUPS. SUPPORT CAN BE A POWERFUL TOOL.
Helping Yourself Through Difficult Times:
1. Your thoughts impact how you feel both physically and mentally
2. Understand that love does not end with death – Talk about the person whom you lost
3. Do what feels right to during this difficult time. Focus on what YOU want to do, not what everyone else thinks you should be doing.
4. Understand that it is okay to talk about your grief.
5. Understand that your physical and psychological limits are much more fragile than in the past before your loss
6. Eliminate unnecessary stress – You need to take special Time Out for yourself.
7. Surround yourself with supportive, comforting people who understand what you are going through.
8. Plan ahead to arm yourself for family gatherings, allow yourself to change your mind if it is too much.
9. Embrace your memories.
10. Spend some time focusing on the future. What do you want out of this new year of 2016. Why not make a little list of goals or promises to yourself.
LOSS OF A LOVED ONE SUPPORT GROUP with Dr. Donna Friess
First Thursday of each month, from 1 p.m.-2:30
Sign up: Call San Juan Community Center, 25925 Camino Del Avion, San Juan Capistrano, Ca 92675
(949) 493-5911. No Charge.